Tuesday, October 20, 2009

αμωμος & αναγκλητος

Wait a minute. You see me as blameless as Christ himself?

Colossians 1:22
But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-


vs 23 IF...what do you mean, if, you continue in your faith
faith -the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ. Whew, okay, so just keep believing Jesus took care of it all.

Greek breakdown of vs. 22
reconciled-to bring back to a state of harmony.
To exchange, as coins for others of equal value - hence, to reconcile (those who are at variance). He exchanged a positive human body for a negative human body so that we are no longer at variance. Balanced, once again.
to present me holy in His sight - Jesus will stand beside me before the Holy One as judge
without blemish (αμωμος)- blameless, faultless, unblameable
free from accusation (αναγκλητος)- unable to be called to account, unaccused

There. I understand that better. Jesus makes it so I cannot be called to account. He equalized the equation. Yes I was imperfect. But I'm standing right next to Perfection. Therefore we are equalized. Together we cannot be called to account. It's as if we were a zero. And without a negative sign in front of our foreheads, we will not be thrown into hell.

HALLELUJAH. praise be to Jesus Christ my Lord.

Finally, Chem 101 pays off.

No comments: