At the request of my sister, I may start blogging about my experiences here in the big D. This is my 4th day in the lone star state. It's my first official day on the job...however it is 11:15, and Kyra is still with her friend (whose parents are supposed to drop her off). My mission for the day is to take Kyra to her dentist appointment at 2. We should leave here at 1. So hopefully Kyra will be back by then.
My aunt & uncle are big into gourmet cooking. Last night's menu included medium cooked fillet of steak with a delightful crawfish sauce...so I thought. After I'd finished my 2nd helping, my uncle asks, "Would you be mad if I told you we just had deer & crawfish for dinner?" I was floored. At first I thought he meant that there was some deer meat hidden in that mysterious sauce...then I realized that my 'fillet of steak' was in all actuallity: deer. Horrified, I asked, "We didn't just eat the deer whose head is mantled in the living room did we?! ....Because I was petting it earlier!"
Ah the joys of this summer. I'll write more later y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment