Monday, February 09, 2009

New things. Isaiah 43:19

This blog has been alive for 4 years. It's basically a grandpa in website years. Welcome. I haven't darkened it's doorstep in ages. I'm too lazy to start a new website, so I'll just keep on a-usin it. I scanned a few of the old posts on here.. & realized how emo I used to be. Hindsight is so clear. Deep breath. God is good. He heals all wounds if you let him.

Enough about the means..lets justify them with the ends.
Yesterday after church I went out to lunch with some young adults and Jeff. We went to MacKenzie River Pizza, the city's newest restaurant. Jeff picked up the tab. We talked about going to the church's camp for a day to hang out. It was cool, because I was playing the role Jeff needs me to play- someone to get things rolling and get the kids to commit to/get excited about dates & events. It's like I'm undercover. I want them to get excited about the ways God can satisfy them & change their lives.
Then Megan and I came to g&p's and watched the office online and hung out until Cory (19 year old boy who reminds me of Steve Keck who is on the rebound with a 16 year old. Megan helped him pick up the pieces after the prior break-up, got attached, and now they don't hang cause he's with the 16 year old) came over to take a look at my car stereo. He took it out, tore it up, and was like...yea you probably just need a new cd player. Uhhh...So he was fixin to be done, then he plugged it back in to try to get the cd out of it...and it turned on! Ridiculous. Then Trever pulled up. Then he came in and fixed Grammy's VHS player. Her work out video started playing and it was awkward. haha, then the 4 of us (Trever, Cory, Megan and me) went to Coldstone for dinner. (I found some coupons in the paper) Megan rode with Cory and I let Trever drive my Jeep. He was st st stoked! He's always wanted one too. He's never gotten one because he likes to go fast. Haha, that is what kept my desire curbed too. He said I'll have to drive his sometime. It's a fast manual Mitsubishi with a killer sound system. So on the way to Coldstone we talked about how long I'll be here, how many siblings we have, how far along he is in school (sophmore in college) for an 18 year old, how some people need all 4 years of high school-but he was ready to move up (maturity level), his best friend who's killin him b/c he's living with his fiance. Idk it was good. But at Coldstone the three of them were talking about, eh idk life, the past, stuff over my head. So after that the guys had places to be, Trever to a Best Buy employee meeting, Cory to his girlfriend's. So Megan and I rented Harry Potter 1. She's read them, but not seen the movies. We watched it on my bed, cause I don't like to linger around where Grammy & Papa are. And it's cold upstairs. And Grammy's tv in the living room has terribly muffled sound.

I asked Megan and Jessica to start going to Kootenai Coffee (Kootenai is the name of this county & the joint is Christian owned) with me to stay challenged/talk about life/the Bible. Word got around real fast and now we have a girl's Bible study planned for Saturday's at 11 am at Kootenai. Rock on God. The guys were a tad jealous, so competitively they are having a guy's study on Wednesday's at Kootenai. Hahaha, look what God just did!!!!

Jeff emailed me again asking if he could interview/record/take pictures of me for an article for the church website. Predetermined questions could include, "Your testimony, What do you think is the greatest challenge of your generation, How can young people make an impact on their peers...etc. I'm nervous. I don't have all the answers, y'all know that.

Trever invited us all to go bowling tonight around 9. He said he can pick me up. And Cory is living at his grandparent's, which is close to Megan's. He was like, "We could carpool." And last night when HP was almost over, Trever texted me asking how the movie was. He hadn't texted Megan.

The most fascinating thing about this town is that it's small. Hahah, let me explain. Everywhere I've ever been, there are always people like you, with similar interests, personalities, traits who all hang out together...but here there is ONE person which represents the seperate groups/types of people. Like on Mean Girls, the lunch tables, "black hotties, asian nerds, jocks, cheerleaders," I can totally see how people back in the day people would marry their high school sweethearts. It was easy to find that one person for you..because there really was only one of them around. Hahah. Sigh. Ohhh joy.

6 comments:

The Bellands said...

haha. the great awakening...how fitting. now if you'd just get others to read/comment, it wouldn't look like i was the only one who follows you. but alas, i am your sister -- it is my job to follow you and i am not ashamed of it. :)

thanks for the 411

Staci said...

Thanks sis! I know your high tech google settings helped you track me down! But I am very impressed!

Anonymous said...

Staci- I love you! Wow, I'm so stoked about that bible study you're going to start doing at the coffee shop! Girl! You are truly living to the Lord's glory, there. I'm all teared up, sniffly just reading of His work there! Staci, I'm SO proud of you. When I stand in front of the King, you will be a jewel on my crown, my joy, and my glory. I love you girl!

kirsten said...

so good to talk with you today and hear what God's doing in and through you. Thanks for providing the wise counsel I needed. Kind of embarrassing that my daughter could boil it down to something as simple as that. But that's exactly why we need each other - to help us see the forest when there's too many trees in front of us!

Anonymous said...

My dearest Staci. It is such a joy to read how God is using your special talents and personality there in Idaho. As I read your blog I thought the book of Acts(God at work) isn't finished yet. Always remember this quote from John Piper "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." Your Grammy O. XOXOXO

Lindsey said...

AH! New things! Fantastic things! Things you wouldn't believe if you were told! ^_^

Always praying for you!

Lindz



(VHS player? ^_^ haha)