today has been interesting, i suppose. so i decided i should blog. mainly b/c i want to tell the story of my questionable rendezvous with 3 black girls in the 1st floor bathroom at t-high. i think me and my soccer buddies reenacted my experience about 3 times before our game. it was so funny.
ok so i left spanish 3 at 2:10 to get dressed for our first soccer game. i went into the 1st floor women's restroom to change. i greeted a few of my soccer pals who were changing as well, and basically all was going on as usual. andrea & katie left and as i was putting my hair up, everyone trickled out into the main hallway. so as i'm standing there in front of the mirror, 3 shaniquas (wow, that probably isn't politically correct) roll into the bathroom. i know what you're thinking..."that's typical staci, you do go to topeka high" and that's exactly what i thought too, at first. the unusual part was that i was majorly outnumbered, and they all just waltzed in and sat there on the sinks watching me (yes the sinks). so i continue with my task, while my mind lingers on their motives. when suddenly, they speak.................. you might read it first without the naratives in parenthesis.
goon #1: "you gettin all pretty fo yo game?" (in reference to my hair obsession)
me: "uhhhh, he...he, yea" (about now, i think it's humorous that she is trying to make small talk)
goon #1: "what fo?"
me: "well...it has to go up sometime" ('it' being my hair)
goon #1: "it does?"
goons # 2&3: *snickering*
me: ".....yes" (about this time i am becoming aware of the controlled hostility in her tone)
goon #1: "why?!"
me: "it'll get in my face" (by this time i was working on the finishing touches)
goon #1: "well.....it's up!" ('it' still being my hair)
me: "yes, yes it is." (thinking 'that is definately my cue')
goons #2&3: *small talk in the background*
me: *grabbing my bags and making an exit as painlessly as possible*
goon #1: *staring me down with curiously hateful eyes*
and that concludes the most awkward dialogue of my week, by far. gotta love being a white girl at topeka high school. i apparently don't have much experience with crowds of black girls. just thought i'd share a little insight to the way my mind works.
1 comment:
icats my precious. it's me. moo. moobert. you might remember me I used to cause some trouble in t-town. so since you showed me this "blog" of yours I feel like I'm peering into your life....however twisted it may be. I'm not gonna lie, you're pretty awesome...a living legend out in VA for the great cheese cube pyramid. soo I'm gonna start commenting on your blog, like um all the time. So yesterday I'm eating some Cap'n Crunch being bored with Lucy(the laptop) when I discover a story that makes me spit Cap'n Crunch things....i dont know what those things are actually called, crunches maybe?..... everywhere because I suddenly had a flashback to how hilarious your hair obsession is and the fact that you've been obsessed with it since like 3rd grade or whenever we started conversing. and not to mention that.....what sortof crazy mind calls scary black girls goons? ok i'll admit it I wish I was that fantastic. ok so I'm going to watch roy williams ruin everyone's lives. ok maybe just mine, but whatever.
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
~Moobert. the one and only.
oops comments aren't suppossed to be that long.
Post a Comment