Friday, July 22, 2005

Sweet Surrender

Here it lies in my possesion
the power of God to the saved
testaments old and new
capture my heart again

Your love is my haven
insurmountable joy and peace
You pour into my heart
I feel You in the stillness

You tell me everything I need to know
though my ears hear nothing
You bypass them entirely
as You speak straight to my heart

You give and take away
still I will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name
these words pierce my innermost being

I trust You with everything I am
form me, mold me, and complete me
I surrender to Your love
my heart is spoken for



Hey, I wrote this about an hour ago. Since I got a request for some hardcore poetry I decided to take a chance and post it. I'd be lieing if I said posting my serious thoughts for the world to see doesn't make me feel uncomfortable, buuuut I'm okay with that. Maybe someday I will post a marathon of these, but until I reach the self-confidence of that day, enjoy.

1 comment:

Andrew Crandall said...

very impressed staci. i definitely agree with todd. the more the better. it was awesome. your word usage further appreciates the true feelings. i look forward to more poetry upon return from across the border. i hope you have a good week.