Saturday, February 25, 2006

Over-easy, please

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"Therefore come out from them and be seperate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing and I will receive you." I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

This passage speaks volumes to me. Right now I feel that I am having fellowship with darkness, at THS. It wears me out, emotionally and physically. After being there only 3 hours for my two classes, I am beat..stressed and drained. Being at SBU was so encouraging. All the while I found myself wondering how in the world we'd afford it. Then I remembered that God's plan is supreme and he will take care of me.

My 9 years at CPLS were amazing, I had a great time there and I don't regret a minute of it. Topeka High has been an experience. I'll leave it at that. If nothing else, I'm glad I went there so I didn't end up resenting Cair Paravel and its training. Unfortunately everything I hear from my former classmates indicates that they are unhappy and anxious to get out. I have first hand experience with both of the extremes mentioned in these verses...and I know what makes me happy.

"Precious Lord reveal your heart to me, Father hold me..." -Third Day

5 comments:

the Opinionator said...

I think the problem I have is wanting to be with one or the other all the time. That doesn't work, it just doesn't at all. What good am I if I'm just hanging out with people who are already saved? How is that helping unbelievers? On the other hand, what good am I if they see no difference between themselves and me? It's in that balance, the trick is the word "yoked" I'm no language expert, but that certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't be around them, it means you shouldn't be them and act like them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to meet people where they're at sometimes when you're witnessing. If you can do that and still spend 99% of your time with believers, then I'm all for that and you can ignore me. But for me, I can't meet someone where they're at, unless I know where they're coming from, unless I know how they're looking at me. If they think for a second I'm talking down to them, then I've got a problem. If I went on, I'd verge on rambling, my apologies for this response, maybe you'll find something that speaks to you in it.

-Ben

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
used bmw k75 parts Vw kit car body Free voip to italy fix hardcore sex Fitness traning for beginner caffeine and concerta concerta et zoloft Murasaki perfume on line pharmacy no prescription concerta concerta hardcore gay pics migraine headache concerta cheep concerta Wallows web design Unlimited mp3 player downloads

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »