Sunday, January 22, 2006

like mother like daughter...ahh

***long and complicated discussion about vestigial structures takes place between my mother & i***

ME, "vestigial structures are body parts that haven't fully developted yet (according to evolution)"
MOM, "some people say that tonsils are vestigial structures, but tonsils are useful."
ME, "how are they useful, all they do is cause ...sore throat disease."
MOM, "strep throat."
ME, "yea"
MOM, "they trap harmful bacteria blah blah blah.."
*momentary pause*
ME, "my tonsils are huge."
MOM, "me too."
ME, "...you don't have tonsils."
MOM, "oh yea.."
ME, "i now know, that you never listen to me."
MOM, "i meant that they USED to be huge ..."

3 comments:

Miss*Melody said...

I don't think I have EVER in my life heard or participated in a conversation about tonsils. Wow. You get the unique award of the year Staci!

Anonymous said...

Ah! My dear Staci! You are one funny girl!! We must go on an adventure soon!! I got a new xanga... I couldn't stay away for long I suppose...

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»