God's promises found in Isaiah 60
The sun shall be no more your light by day,
nor for brightness shall the moon give you light;
but the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your God will be your glory.
Your sun shall no more go down,
nor your moon withdraw itself;
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your days of mourning shall be ended. (19-20)
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
For behold, darkness shall cover the earth,
and thick darkness the peoples;
but the LORD will arise upon you,
and his glory will be seen upon you. (1-2)
Whereas you have been forsaken and hated,
with no one passing through,
I will make you majestic forever,
a joy from age to age. (15)
Yesterday as I gazed at the beauty of lake Coeur d'Alene, the sun was setting behind the mountains & I was a tad fearful of what I've been feeling. I feel like I'm not going to lose anything or gain anything. It's actually quite glorious. The sun was pretty, but in light of God's purpose, plan, where He's going to take me (metaphysically), it just paled. Because the unseen things God has in mind are eternal, sure, and unchanging. So I turned away from the vast scenery (almost too) easily, as if it was meant to be, natural, bound to happen, in the cards....only to find the full, white moon right in front of my face. haha, I just laughed as I thought of Isaiah 60:20...the promise God gave me a year ago when I came to North Idaho. That the things I look to for guidance, assurance, security, delight would no longer have that place in my life. This prospect scared me for a long time; however, as I embraced the promise of the everlasting light to come, they began to pale. Yes. That verse is exactly when my heart had been feeling as I looked upon the beauty of His hands, "This is great, and I will see other great things, but there is Only One thing that brings me hope & joy." The author of the universe delights in me & I am free to accept it (through Christ's sacrificial blood). Let there be light. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment