Tomorrow Megan, Jeff, Trever, Amanda & I are leaving for Portland at 7 am. We'll make the 6 hour drive in Jeff's mini van. Woohoo. We're going to Medical Teams International's Real. Life. Exhibit. tomorrow around 1 pm. I don't know what to expect for much else. Bridgetown is a homeless ministry organization that's already set up and invites groups to come participate I guess. We'll be doing something under a bridge or something. And sleeping at a church...sleeping bag style.
Savannah's engaged to Daniel. I'm just gonna...leave it to God.
Trever really unclammed the other night. Highlights:
he wants a daughter named Surai... ehh huh
growing up, he had to call his parents from birthday parties to ask if he could watch the certain movie they were going to be showing...and wants to do the same with his kids.
Just isn't into movies too much
let me drive his manual mitsubishi 3000GT
said he wants his wife to be able to be a stay at home mom, believes she shouldn't have to work, but should be free to pursue a dream like that (referring to me saying it'd be awesome to work at Wycliffe)
Believes it's the husband's job to lead and provide.
He's going to Australia for a year. (ironically when I've been asked where i'd go if i could go anywhere in the world, i've always said australia.)
He asked what girls look for in a guy. I said personally someone who loves the Lord. He said and everything else just falls into place? Yea pretty much, I said. I also said confidence is huge. He said in what. I said in who they are in Christ, I guess.
He asked if I hoped to get married in the next 5 years. I said Idon't have an agenda.
Megan said that when I came, she'd always thought I was disturbingly like the girl she'd always envisioned for Trever, but didn't say anything cause that'd be weird. She also said he has never pursued anyone this hardcore. It's really different for him to put himself out there so much. (Apparently it's surprising everyone he knows' socks off.) It's good to have her perspective because I wouldn't know... I just met him.
He is ridiculously mature for his age.
He thrives on deep conversations.
He is such a thinker. Confessed that he probably only said 5 words from the time he was born till he was ten. haha
The thing I like best about him is that he's mysterious.
tid-bit: The other day Trever said, 'Have you ever been sitting in class andsuddenly realized you're breathing really loud?' hahaha and also 'Whenever I play my guitar late at night, I get really into it, and this one time, everything was so relaxed *pause-here I think he is setting up for the most hilarious story I have ever heard, so we both start cracking up...he said no it's not what you're thinking...* I drooled on my guitar."
Megan's so good at simplifying things. She said, "Yea... I think it could work, and it'd be good, you just have to decide if that's what you want."
Today I've been playing with the recording equiptment Trever left here...pretending to be a rock-star with the mic and headphones. Fun stuff.
Oh yea my computer has a nasty virus! Megan and I might have been trying to download a movie and instead spent last night trying to nurse the laptop back to health. I called grandpa o. this morning to see if he could help me fix it 1500 miles away. No luck. Trever's gonna have a look later today. If I have to let papa Roberts' go-to-guy, Bob, look at it...he's going to flip. He totally resents me because I knew how to set up a wireless network and didn't need his expertise. He insisted on giving them anyway...ugh. He saw Limewire on my PC and had an unbearable undertone when he asked, "What do you use Limewire for?" ....file sharing? I said.
AYe aye AyE. buenas noches amigos
No comments:
Post a Comment