Wikipedia says a testimony is a solemn attestation as to the truth of a matter. Dictionary.com says it is evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof; an open declaration or profession, as of faith.
Jeff's called me into the office in a bit to 'work on some things.' No need to be scared, right? I'm not in court, this has nothing to do with the law. My testimony is my profession that God is a alive and active. That He didn't just save me from the flames of hell. He saves me from the flames of Coeur D'Alene ID, Topeka KS, Manhattan KS, Jacksonville FL, and Sunnyvale, TX. He wants a relationship with each one of us. That relationship comes from digesting his Word - reading it, memorizing it, meditating on it, believing it, and acting on it!
We've heard this time and again, "Get in the Word." We think it's something irrelevant to our daily lives. We may try to read it every day, heck, we may even succeed! But even then we aren't able to make the connection that God's word is alive and active (meaning it was written for us!!) I'm here to say that it's not hard. Make it become natural, like brushing your teeth in the morning. Once fellowship with the Almighty God of the universe becomes a part of your day, your days begin to change. Your life begins to change. You begin to share God's heart. You realize that God's heart is for the world.
We are all harrassed and helpless sheep without a shepherd.(Matt 9:36) God has compassion on every single person he has created. He knows us and he longs for us to know him. Not because he needs our company or friendship, but because he knows that he is the answer to our question. He is the only thing that will fulfill us. He gives us the freedom to pursue happiness. He wishes we would let him make us happy, but we often say, "No, I think I'll be fine without you." We break his heart, but he loves us enough to be open to the idea that something else could make us happy. If galavanting around searching satisfies us, he will let us. In his heart, God knows that we won't be satisfied, because no one could ever love us as much as he does, but since we're convinced that we might find unfailing love elsewhere, he watches us walk away. Because he is capable of loving us perfectly, I think he legitimately hopes that we will find what we're looking for. He suffers with us when we realize we've been let down again.
I've found perfect love. I found it through the Word of God, and now I walk with it every day. He's invited each one of us, "Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt 4:19) That is exactly what I was looking for as a confused college student with no clue what the future may hold. I longed for someone to say, "Relax. You don't have to worry about a thing; I will take care of everything. Just follow me, child." Jesus Christ is the answer.
I guess that's the open declaration (testimony) I have.
5 comments:
I love it. Truly love it. In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word WAS God! ...the Word, Staci... is TRUTH. And I'm so excited about it! I love you.
Look at how far you've come Staci...you're right -- God is active! You are an encouragement to me. You ARE refreshing because your yielding to God is allowing me to see more of Him, and glorioius He is. (I feel as though I always seem to be in my own way).
I also love Matthew 9:36 because it gives me a heart for others that I wouldn't usually be soft towards or wouldn't normally think twice about. But after all, "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." Luke 6:32-36
Aren't you glad we don't have to be troubled and thrown down?
It gave me great joy to read your blog, telling me about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John:3,4.
(20th century translation)
It gave me great joy to read your blog, telling me about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John:3,4.
(20th century translation)
Is there an echo in here?
Post a Comment