Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cabin FevA



It goes somethin like this.....


Today I interviewed at Qdoba & am waiting for a call from the owner either today or tomorrow. I also called Olive Garden and they said they'd pull out my application & make sure I get called for an interview. They'll be interviewing for servers the next couple weeks.


My heart is the Lord's & I don't know if I want another bridegroom in the picture. Especially at this time. There's a lot of pressure living at the Kuetemeyers. As MrShanklinSir put it, "So this is all a big experiment to see if you fit in with their family?" heh...well shuckerdoodles. Basically there is a lot of undercurrent stuff going on that no one ever talks about. I think everyone's waiting to see if I fall for Trever essentially. hah. Well they have a gal from Hong Kong living with them now too, so pretty full house. And I need space/time/privacy to figure out what's going on here. So I'm weighing the options & considering asking gram & papa if their house is still open to me. But most importantly I need to talk to Trever openly.


I think perhaps God is calling me to Israel. And I love it. The desperately parched souls trying to get some relief by following the law. By works, not by grace. That miserable old covenant. It just adds up. Experiencing God's grace first hand this summer/now. & this God ordained relationship with the Shanklin family (hardcore live by the law...even things that aren't Biblical i.e. no baggy pants/tattoos/cursing etc..). Being with them/living free in the light of His saving grace, they see a difference than they're used to. They see I love the Lord. And basically MrShanklinSir is malicious toward all Christians that aren't head over heels in love with our Lord. However, in his mind, that looks like obeying everything or BuSt. I said,

"MrShanklinSir, I make mistakes though."

"Yea well I don't think you're the kind to keep on sinning...."

"Well you're right, Sir, I would never want to grieve Him.

"Atta girl."

Ugh. just pray for MrShanklinSir. I'm afraid of him. And he wants to make me his slave/under the law. Here are some verses God has laid on my heart about the issue:


1 Corinthians 7:23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.


Galations 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.


Galations 2:3-5 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you.


Galations 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!


As for the fun stuff. : )

The Shanklin's cabin is my dream come true. On a river. Dad, Andrea & her father remind me of us....she's his right hand gal! Workin hard outdoors. They let me join right in!

We rode dirt bikes up Roman Nose peak (setting at an elevation of 7,200 feet on the Apache Ridge of the Selkirk mountain range). Then once it got too steep to ride, we hiked to the summit. It's gorgeous up there. We shot Andreas handgun into a lake about a mile down. haha soooo loud & echo-ey! The sun set as we started the descent, so we rode our bikes over & around 2 foot rocks in the dark, with a drop off to the side. SO intense. If you prayed, rest assurred God answered your prayers! It's a miracle I'm still alive & well.

Kayaked on the river behind the cabin.

I caught a tiny frog with my hands...formerly too repulsed to attempt such a feat. Basically my fear of critters is being abolished. I've dealt with 3 beastly spiders in the shower (like I don't even think about it being there, I just deal with the fact that it is), had a mouse run in front of me as I was sitting by the river, and seen the largest roach known to man...freakin straight out of the tundra roach-infested jungles of EastSaharanAfrica. No, no I don't actually know where the Sahara desert is...

Played a little xbox (crash bandicoot) in the garage loft (at the cabin) with Andrea.

Had the best ribeye steak I've ever tasted.

Rode in the bed of a truck...standing up.

Hung my clothes on a line to be dried in the mountain air at the cabin. (hah! right now, some more laundry is hanging over my jeep bars to dry : )

Fished with Trev yesterday, went to Olive Garden for dinner on a whim, made a Reeses cheesecake & best of all got to play around on a drum set. Aaron, Chelsey's fiance, has a $5000 electronic set in his basement belonging to Candlelight. The intent is to get me up to speed so that I can play for The Gathering service on Friday nights with Aaron & Trev. Wowy. That is actually something I've always wanted to do. And as soon as I feel comfortable, the opportunity is open. God is so good. I love Him.


Prayer Requests

Gals Bible study tonight. For the group to be a comfortable place of sharing our hearts.

Shanklins, grace.

Job sitch. I'm excited. Goal is to save some $ for who knows what.

That God will open doors for Israel if & when the time is right.

For Trever & I to define the relationship if neccessary.

That God be glorified. Halleluia, amen.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happen to know the Shanklin family, and have for quite a few years, and they are not "law mongers" like you are stating. They live their lives according to God's Word, and when they or anybody else messes up, it is Gods mercy and grace they look to and appreciate so much, not the hard-core LAW you are believing. They simply take the Bible for what it is, and follow it to the best of their ability. AFterall, it IS God-ordained!! They have never made me feel like I had to be a "slave" for them or the LAW. They have simply helped me strive to be the best Christian I can be by getting to know the Lord through His Word, and rely on the mercy and grace God shows me through my mess ups. I think your view of them is completely wrong. Maybe if you spent more time with them, you would actually GLEAN some wisdom, instead of view them as "prayer-needing", "Bible thumping", "fear for your lives", "messed up" people. Besides, I know that they would rather be slaves to the Word of God (because He IS the One who guided the hearts and minds of the authors) than slaves to the world and what the world tolerates and allows. So, although you think of them the way you do, you are wrong. And to say you are afraid for your LIFE???? Wow!! Girl, you are WAY off. That is one of the most loving, welcoming, kind, uplifting families I have ever met...more so than my own. So if anybody reads this, please note that the author of this blog is quite off on her feelings and explanation of this Mr. Shanklin Sir and his family. If you had the opportunity to meet them, I believe your view would be completely different than the one of this blog owner.