Saturday, September 26, 2009

Qdobwhaa?

wow
God is my rock.
today I fried lots of chips, taco bowls, tortilla soup strips, & taco shells.
got 2 burns on my left forearm from the bubblin grease.
Trever kissed it & made it better.
I prayed for opportunities to identify with Christ at work.
Had awesome talk time with Katie & Jenny during my morning fry-session/sweat-fest/spray-those-chips-with lime juice-spritz, spritz-flip-flip-spritz.
I get to sleep in tomorrow! Worked early shift every day this week. Tomorrow Ima closing.

Work highlights with the customers: Qdobwhaa?s I'll call them

"Oooh yes, an abundance of cheese!"
"Haha! Abuuundance! (realizing I just made fun of her...) ...I like that word."

"I'm actually looking for an assistant at the pharmacy....are they paying you big-time here?"
"Haha...yes sir, I'm makin bank."
"Ahhh well I can't compete with that."

"She's excellent!"
my boss, "Oh well good to hear, I just hired her!"
hahaha flustered I wish the couple a good day without making them pay for their burritos.
She hands me the 21 bucks and we laugh at the irony & said it's our secret since Robert had just walked away.

Trever & I led worship at Candlelight tonight. It was fun. We'd practiced & had a riot of a time, but then they had me switch microphones right before the Gathering & I couldn't hear myself in the headphones....sooo technical difficulties. But we got to use the voices God gave us to glorify Him. : ) Hallelujah!

We went to the boardwalk after grabbing a scrumptuous chicken alfredo pizza at MacKenzie River, & I was rambling some silly nonsense about the word "walk-a-thon" sounding like "walketh on." And suddenly I look up & see the distance from the topic in Trever's eyes...and realize, "oookay I'm done.." Then, sure enough, a few minutes later, he took my hands & asked me to date him, essentially. He got on his knee & said he'd asked my dad & mom. Oh my gosh. "I'd love to." We sat down on the dock & prayed. Siiigh. God's so good.

Savannah got married today. Yikes-a-B.

I drink hot drip coffee on the way to work when it's frigid outside (at least until I get into the sun in Hayden & outta the rural shade of Rathdrum) .....and drink cold blended coffee from Coeur D'Latte (happy hour, everything's half priced) on the way home in the heat of the day. Bliss.

Working with food takes my appetite away, so that's nice for a change. Although sometimes I get hit with weakness. We don't have clocked-off breaks, so I feel bad taking a break, ever. So I'm on my feet all the time. It's so fast though. Always workin/servin! Holllllllllllla!

I'm letting go of me to be His hands & feet.

No comments: