
Everyone's fed up with the frosted flakiness of Christianity. Girls Bible study. Boys Bible study. Small group. All of us are yearning to cry out & say we've been a weak, wasted, wreck of a Christian.
Jeff was gone for small group. Cyle facilitated. It was the way small group ran before the church hired Jeff May to bring structure (at the young adults' request). Wow. I just praised God at the top of my lungs on my cool, breey, starry drive home... Small group was exactly what we've all been longing for. Transparency. Sweet, blissfull, cut-the-crap transparency.
After morning hike with Trev/making brunch (cinnabon cinnimon rolls, fried eggs with soy sauce, & sweet tea lemonade), afternoon checking in with Mackenzie River & Olive Garden, evening chillin with Cyle at Kootenai, small group commenced. Ryan, Amanda, Jaymian & I went to Super 1 for some dinner supplies to make at the youth house. We decided on enchilladas. They were mouth-watering. Ryan sponsored (paid). The picture is cause Ryan & I matched. Yay Team Super 1!
So everything's chill & awesome and we're sharing our hearts. I have a legit phone convo with Linds, & am totally encouraged by the ways God's plan is unfolding in her life & our other KSU friends' lives. : ) Very cool. Then, highlight of my life...I settle back in the youth house, and Austin is compelled to confess a period of sin in his life that he'd been hiding for a year. Ahhh. Sweet release. We all prayed over him.
I'm just so excited about the accountability & vulnerability developing in this group. We're being real. It's something God's been placing on my heart this week too. Through the Shanklin family inadvertently insisting on me being me without pretences. Through Beth Moore's Stepping Up videos. She said, "Are we being hypocrites even if who we're being is who we want to be/the person we would like to be? Ohhh yes." She poses, "What if we let people know we're not who they 1st supposed? Stopped posing. And admitted we're a wreck...because we all are."
Well shoot dog. That's the kicker. I've been feeling like everyone expects me to be the girl they saw in February. Confident that God saw her as blameless as Christ Himself. Weheheell. I knew that then, but it was merely head knowledge. I knew it because that's what I'd been told. Now. Oh, now I've been there. I've been worthy of the blame. And I've seen Christ lift it from my shoulders. So. Today, I was free. I am done trying to be who they think I am. God is taking me to new depths of knowing him. Ahhhh wow. hahaha! We're just so ridiculous! We aren't even comfortable in the pose, constantly insecure, because that isn't who we are. I lived today 100% confident. I danced for joy. Practically, in everyday life, that looks like one bumpin Jeep. God is so good.
Ok. If you'd like to see God be powerful, you could pray
that Andrea, MrShanklinSir, & I will have a safe motocrossamountain adventure on Saturday.
& primarily, that they will accept the freedom I have in Christ & not try to coerce their convictions onto my soaring spirit. that I will be gentle & not try to add anything to my salvation through performance.
I like glass. It's see-through, and no man is an island.
Jeff was gone for small group. Cyle facilitated. It was the way small group ran before the church hired Jeff May to bring structure (at the young adults' request). Wow. I just praised God at the top of my lungs on my cool, breey, starry drive home... Small group was exactly what we've all been longing for. Transparency. Sweet, blissfull, cut-the-crap transparency.
After morning hike with Trev/making brunch (cinnabon cinnimon rolls, fried eggs with soy sauce, & sweet tea lemonade), afternoon checking in with Mackenzie River & Olive Garden, evening chillin with Cyle at Kootenai, small group commenced. Ryan, Amanda, Jaymian & I went to Super 1 for some dinner supplies to make at the youth house. We decided on enchilladas. They were mouth-watering. Ryan sponsored (paid). The picture is cause Ryan & I matched. Yay Team Super 1!
So everything's chill & awesome and we're sharing our hearts. I have a legit phone convo with Linds, & am totally encouraged by the ways God's plan is unfolding in her life & our other KSU friends' lives. : ) Very cool. Then, highlight of my life...I settle back in the youth house, and Austin is compelled to confess a period of sin in his life that he'd been hiding for a year. Ahhh. Sweet release. We all prayed over him.
I'm just so excited about the accountability & vulnerability developing in this group. We're being real. It's something God's been placing on my heart this week too. Through the Shanklin family inadvertently insisting on me being me without pretences. Through Beth Moore's Stepping Up videos. She said, "Are we being hypocrites even if who we're being is who we want to be/the person we would like to be? Ohhh yes." She poses, "What if we let people know we're not who they 1st supposed? Stopped posing. And admitted we're a wreck...because we all are."
Well shoot dog. That's the kicker. I've been feeling like everyone expects me to be the girl they saw in February. Confident that God saw her as blameless as Christ Himself. Weheheell. I knew that then, but it was merely head knowledge. I knew it because that's what I'd been told. Now. Oh, now I've been there. I've been worthy of the blame. And I've seen Christ lift it from my shoulders. So. Today, I was free. I am done trying to be who they think I am. God is taking me to new depths of knowing him. Ahhhh wow. hahaha! We're just so ridiculous! We aren't even comfortable in the pose, constantly insecure, because that isn't who we are. I lived today 100% confident. I danced for joy. Practically, in everyday life, that looks like one bumpin Jeep. God is so good.
Ok. If you'd like to see God be powerful, you could pray
that Andrea, MrShanklinSir, & I will have a safe motocrossamountain adventure on Saturday.
& primarily, that they will accept the freedom I have in Christ & not try to coerce their convictions onto my soaring spirit. that I will be gentle & not try to add anything to my salvation through performance.
I like glass. It's see-through, and no man is an island.
No comments:
Post a Comment