Monday, October 05, 2009

DanceDanceReeeevolution

Saturday night Barn Dance was an absolute blast.

It was cold outside, perfect inside for bustamove. A couple came up to Trever & I and said, "Hey you guys wanna learn how to swing dance?" Hahah, I just laughed at how cool God is. Meeting our needs right when we need them. It was the most perfect thing that could've happened at that moment. We'd just arrived, and the dance floor was glistening with lights and lazers...but not people. Lots of shy Friends. Hahaha. The night totally picked up & I had the most fun I've had in a long time. I hadn't realized I've never danced with my Idaho crew. Hahahaha. Trever was so funny & stylin. Michael Jackson moves, Napoleon Dynamite moves, and best of all- signature Trever moves. He was requesting songs at the DJ station all night, starting a huuuuge conga line. His tight-jeaned 6'2" self just lit up the party. At the beginning, Trever & I set a goal for ourselves-to have a blast, be ridiculous without reservation, and get everyone out on the Flo! Mission accomplished. Highlights.........

Trev & I cut in with Maurice & Peggy... Trever took Maurice! Hahaha, "come on come on, Staci, it'll be epic!" (The first time in my life I've ever "ran into" my out-of-town grandparents...so weird, and cool like "Oh hey, you're here!"

Kevin & Megan showed up. And I love their socks off. Kevin's a goof, and an awesome musical Cali boy. Megan's my hero. Haaha, no, but I miss her. I told her I'm praying she'll come back to Coeur d'Alene next semester. She's considering/praying too she said.
Macarana -classically scandalous 80's style. YmCA, chicken dance, left leg in silliness...
Joy & I kept it real.
Electric Slide
Miley Cyrus, NSync, family friendly party tunes
The look I got from Cyle when I caught a glimpse of he & Megan watching me. Hahahha I just laughed & thought of all his "convictions" I must be breaking. You can't please them all, but I will live my life to please the One that matters. Fear not, friends.
BEst of all, when Trever & I would dance...because our intentions were to get other people's blood pumpin. hahahha, so yes, that was epic. For sure.

Yesterday I went to Montana with the K's. We went to a mission/discipleship training school near Whitefish and Kalispel, called Pottersfield. It was very cool & Brynn would like to go eventually, maybe. Their curriculum is Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, now though. I've had my fill of that I think. Idk.

We stopped by an AWEsome river/waterfall. With a swinging drawbridge that we crossed. So cool!

Ate at 5 guys Burgers & Fries. And headed home. The drive was another classic K van trip. Packed, with the dog too. RAndom tickle fights between me, Trever, Brynn, and Jens. Hahahah, at the very end of the drive, Brynn & Jens lept up into the middle seat where Trev & I were in a last retaliation effort....Brynn like got squished inbetween the seat/floor/2front seat space/my leg. We could not stop laughing. So then we desperately fell out of the van, into the brisk night. Good day for sure. Now it's off to work!

1 comment:

Risa said...

love you friend.
your life melts my face off
a good barn dance sounds legit
happiness :)