Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Octoberfest

Yesterday I looked at my hands...and they look like my moms. Most of the time, the cool air sends my sweaty pores into hiding, leaving my skin ...dry, not sweaty, leathery, smooth. Partly attributed to handling steamed tortilla shells at Qdoba-which ssskaaaa's the prints right off my fingertips. & washing my hands all the time at work. Hmm...you probably had to do that a lot at the hospitals too, huh, mom?



Trever & I dyed our hair brown. The other day I skyped with my parents. Mom says, "Jerry, she looks like a young me!".... I look at the little square of me in the skype corner to find that I look exactly like the 1979 wedding picture version of my mom. Welp. : )



I like this evidence of growing up. Proof.



Bible study was amazing last night. 4 of us just chilled & told stories of the miracles we've seen God do. I love them a lot. Almost as much as I love my Qdoba girls. ...I love them.



When I drive to work in my Jeep amidst the mountains, it feels right. : ) I'm at the tail-end of this cold, & feeling as thought I've passed initiation into the cool climate. It's like the environment's seen I'm for real & I've been granted a set of winter lungs that the chilly air doesn't set on icey-hot fire. We're getting along very nicely, now. I love this time of year. It's rainy this week, in the 50's. It reminds me of the Twilight movie all the time...set in smalltown, Northwest. Plus that soundtrack's bumpin my subs this month.

At work I said, "Jenny, will you help me?" "Will I whhhaat?" I look up to see Jenny all blushy faced holding pico de gallo knife in mid-air...."Help me?" "Ooooh I thought you said will I hold you?" "Ugh, Jenny no. Save that for later."


1 comment:

kirsten said...

"My daughter, whom I love and long for, you are my joy and my crown."
Mom's Living Translation of Phil 4:1
:)
Funny how changing your brown hair made you look like 19 y/o me. I'd never thought you looked anything like me before, but it blew me away that just the haircolor made me feel like I was looking in a mirror! At least the way I used to remember looking. LOL

Gives me joy to know you have "hit your stride" there in smalltown, NW. And that you are standing firm in the Lord.