Saturday, October 24, 2009

mo-peds

Last night I had one of those moments. The ones where you know life wouldn't be one tenth as good if God weren't on your side. Just sitting in Maurice & Peggy's hot tub, leaning my head out into the cool rain, telling ficticious stories with Trever about a couple of wild kids named Sidney & Travis....aka Staci & Trever. hahah, re-capping our awesome day. I said, can I pray? We share a lot of those moments, where God suddenly overwhelms us with a desire to talk with Him/thank Him for something...so we do.

We'd installed a new cd player in my Jeep for kicks & giggles (one of the perks of having a boyfriend who works at Best Buy). Then had Olive Garden with my grandparents. Trev & I went to Target & when we came out, I'd forgotten I was in north Idaho. sigh...bliss. We went to Maurice & Peg's, had some pie, and Trev took a nap while I transformed my precious, technophobic grandmother into a Facebook pro. It was a hoot. Catching us up to the hot tub reflection time.

This afternoon I took Kevin's mo-ped for a cruise. Trever & I are borrowing it this month (until it snows). It was a blast. By the way, please pray for wisdom for Trever to know whether or not to spend big bucks to fix his Mitsubishi 3000 gt. (Now or later...ie after Australia. Wisdom about Australia mainly hah...God's plan yay nay) His loaner car broke down as well...so now mo-peds and temporary gigs.

Exploring the mountainous region on a mo-ped was so my style, I can hardly handle it...when I'm doing something so perfectly aligned with my desires that I could never rig. God only knows us. Even better than we know ourselves. Not to say the ride was a walk in the park. Danger. I was secretly on the lookout for an elk or moose. muahahaha. None yet...but I did encounter a beastly dog that made me instantaneously do a U-ey. Topped out at 50 mph...the helmet was taking off of my head. hahahaha! And most of all, t'was a chill chill. I just took THE best shower I've ever taken. At first the water felt like fire streams on my hands and feet, and cold on the rest of my body. Nothing made sense in the temperature department. I had to go off of past experience. Like...shampoo usually doesn't feel freezing cold in my hand, so it must be safe. So I stayed there until every part of my body agreed that the water was the same temperature.


1 comment:

Alyssa Jones said...

I like reading your blog :)