My sister is pregnant! I'm gonna be an aunt x 3! Wow thanks, Shay, for taking it upon yourself to make our family big & bustling! haha, somebody had to do it. No, really, sister, I'm praying for your family. Before this news, I began praying that God would move your family to wherever you'd be fruitful. And look! Bundle o' joy on the way.
My mom got a job in North Carolina! Ahhhhhhhh. My God is so great. My God is so good. My God is so big. There's nothing my God cannot do.
Trever & i were Edward & Bella for Halloween. Hah...nothing really changed. Um, Trever wore one of my v-necks. I wore chucks & let my bangs be all froofy & swoopy. At Kevin's Halloweenapalooza party...we would strike a pose & say okok guess who we are!? "...Trever & Staci!?" Then we'd really get our game faces on. (I'd think okay, Staci, you're totally consumed with your own life.. yes here comes the infamous life's lame Bella gaze. Aaaand you're dating a vampire...ah hah and the frowed brow 'this is never going to work' thought drapes nicely over the constant state of bored melancholy.) "OH MY GOSH, really guys?" And they guessed it.
So Bible study was as fabulous as when Flipper saved that dog from the sharks. (I actually never saw the movie sooo don't quote me on that. But if I'd filmed Flipper...that would've been the storyline.) Aaanyway. Yes well. 13 gals. It's beautiful. They're beautiful. We're studying Revelation. Everyone was very candid about where they are with Jesus Christ right now.
Last night I talked to this grown man eating at the soup kitchen our young adults help out at. I asked him his name (Kurt) & if he goes to church anywhere. Told him about Friends & said I'd be looking for him. He broke eye contact for a second, then looked back at me, "What's your name?" I told him & he said, "Staci. Staci with a mission." I just looked away. During our conversation he said, "What goes around comes around." I let myself revel in that thought for a minute (seeing as the most stimulating thoughts I get to entertain at work are "But why would they not want a no-charge-tortilla on the side of their naked burrito?") Kurt says what are you thinking about, Staci?" "What goes around comes around, Kurt." "Ah. A deep thinker." hahaha people are silly. I wouldn't consider myself a deep thinker. Maybe a practiced thinker. Take a few seconds to myself & they're like, hey you checked out. That's not legal. Then they decide ..why yes, yes it is, but it's certainly not common. Anyway. I'm praying Kurt comes to church & meets you know who there.
I went to a Skillet / Hawk Nelson concert a couple nights ago. It was awesome. Good ole mosh pits. Missed them. hahaha the wood floor bounced like a trampoline under the weight of the crowd's enthusiasm. We got kicked out of the mosh pit. haha, no I didn't punch anyone, it was just too full, so Trever, Robby & I went to the back to sit with my Qdoba gals, Jenny & Lauren. They were bein all stiff, "I'm too ballin for Christian rock." Trever said, "Do you think you could get them to dance?" Hahaha, love it. That's basically my life challenge with them. Only...metaphorically. So that was a blast, being reminded. Trever & I danced like mad in the 2nd to last row at the Spokane opera house. It was the fullest the theater had ever been. I can count on one hand the number of people going crazy beyond the mosh pit. Very cool.
Today at work, I almost threw a knife off the counter & sliced Katie & my feet off...
Katie: Wow that was close!
Staci: Yea, hah! I basically just saw my life flash before my eyes.
Katie: (without skipping a beat) How was it?
Staci: *craaacking up* hahaha, Katie, how long have you been packing that? haah!
Oh Qdoba. As I told Trever, one day Jesus and I are just going to look at each other and laugh...then he'll point back over his shoulder, "God's this way, let's go." Pico de gallo. Let me tell you what. It's a doozy. Takes a century and a half to form a complete double (recipe) pico. Haaaah! Don't tell anyone, but I think Yesterday I forgot to "shark (carve)" the stem part off the tomatoes before I sliced & diced them. hahaha, more fiber, right? And on Halloween I definitely saw a spider in the sour cream. Ugh junk. And I killed it. BAM! roasted. Oh. Speaking of which. The number one perk of working at Qdoba: today, before work, I took banana bread out of the oven...without an oven mit. hahahahhaha, suckaaa! My fingers have been trained to withstand the most extreme temperatures known to man. Wow. I sound like Dwight Schrute right now. Man I hate that show. A perfect depiction of the nothingness we've turned life into.
Last night we went to Maurice & Peggy's. I sat on my grandaddy's lap for 25 minutes while the brownies baked (just me & him) & it was heaven on earth. I can't wait until God holds me forever.
Store up for yourself treasures in heaven today, my friend. Trust me. This world & it's desires will pass away. Don't waste your time being consumed with it. You'll enjoy the fruits of your labor for eternity if you sow, recognizing harvest will come & we will reap. Some more than others. Whatever you plant now, you'll get to enjoy forever!!! If you don't plant anything...geeze.
1 comment:
Ashy told me on Tuesday if the baby is a girl, he is going to name her Bella (Hmm, Bella Belland.) and if it's a boy, Ben.
But today, he told me that "while I was sleeping at night (or maybe at my nap)I asked God who the baby is and he told me it's a boy." So, there you go. Out of the mouths of babes. I love how children express their faith. I don't know how many times I've heard about a child having an inside scoop with God about their preborn siblings. And can't remember a time when what they heard from God wasn't accurate. So, I'm taking his word for it.
Post a Comment